New key visual revealed for upcoming adaptation based on Akki Sarumi's "marksmanship x high school girls" manga
A new key visual, the main staff, and the main cast have been revealed for Rifle is Beautiful, an upcoming TV anime based on the 4-panel "marksmanship x high school girls" manga by Akki Sarumi about a group of young ladies who appreciate the sport of long rifle target shooting.
The main staff for Rifle is Beautiful includes:
- Original work: Rifle is Beautiful by Akki Sarumi (serialized Shueisha's Tonari no Young Jump)
- Director: Masanori Takahashi
- Series composition: Tatsuya Takahashi
- Character design, chief animation director: Ken Mukaigawara
- Prop design, art design: Jū Ishiguchi
- Art director: Tatsurō Ōnishi (Kusanagi)
- Color design: Akiko Inoue (Wish)
- HOA: Tri-Slash
- Graphic art: Hirofumi Araki
- Director of photography: Kazumasa Someya (T2 Studio)
- Animation production: Studio 3Hz
- Cooperation: National Rifle Association of Japan, Kohto Electric Co., Ltd., Ginza Gun Limited
The main cast for Rifle is Beautiful includes:
- Machico as Hikari Kokura.
- Akane Kumada as Izumi Shibusawa.
- Saki Minami as Erika Meinohama.
- And Anna Yamaki as Yukio Igarashi.
(Above: Akane Kumada, Machico, Saki Minami, and Anna Yamaki as the voice unit, Rifling 4.)
The original Rifle is Beautiful manga is serialized in Shueisha's Tonari no Young Jump digital manga magazine. The story follows Hikari Kokura, a young lady with a passion for marksmanship sports who enrolls in Chidori High School in order to join the rifle-shooting club. However, Hikari soon learns that the club is about to disbanded for lack of members, so she has to rush to recruit four other people to keep the club afloat. Later, the girls take aim at rifle-shooting championships.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.