Company Name: Ellation, Inc
Position Title: Sr. Engineering Manager
Days / Hours: Monday – Friday / 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: 835 Market Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, CA 94103
Summary of Duties:
- Develop code for Ellation’s video platforms and lead architectural design review, trade-offs and risk-mitigations considerations for project teams that deliver solid innovative video experience to customers.
- Work closely with technical and product management to ensure Ellation builds the best in class video technology platform.
- Work with QoS tools and customer support reports for ongoing monitoring/alerting against quality of video service.
- Bridge other API services with video infrastructure for ingest, discovery and entitlements.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or related technical field and 5 years of experience in the job offered or related occupation.
Applicants must have four (4) years of experience with:
- Video infrastructure technologies and terminologies;
- Packaging protocols DASH/HLS, encoding h.264/ffmpeg, live streaming, DRM, subtitles, timed text, Amazon Web Services and Cloud Infrastructure;
- H.264 Video Compression Algorithms and improvements;
- Subjective and Objective Quality Video quality evaluation;
- ffmpeg and x264;
- Working and enhancing media formats and protocols, including RTMP, RTSP, MP4, FLV, and RTP;
- Real-time scalable Video processing software in a distributed systems architecture;
- Image processing algorithms for image and video post and pre-processing;
- SaaS Cloud deployment on Amazon Web Services and design Analytics Dashboard;
- Test Automation framework with Jenkins;
- Release and QA management;
- Video ad insertion; media streaming on OTT and IPTV;
- media delivery and caching with Content Delivery Networks;
- Android and iOS App development for media apps (media playback and streaming);
- Real Time low latency streaming.