This new role at Ellation will lead marketing strategy for campaigns for VRV’s top tier shows (Originals, exclusives, licensed shows, and new channels). The position will lead 5-10 high-impact campaigns per year and oversee a significant paid media budget. Part marketing strategy, part creative development and part project management, this role will be highly collaborative, working with many internal and external partners. This role will head up a new branch of the marketing team, with the potential to soon grow a team.
Candidates should understand the VRV audience and how to promote the best of VRV’s content to our current and potential userbase. Strong understanding of the media landscape and creative/marketing strategy for brand or entertainment marketing required.
- Partner with marketing leadership,programming/content leadership, and the content partner to define positioning and launch strategy for VRV’s top-tier shows . Own the development of marketing strategy, creative development, and oversee campaign execution.
- Manage the spend and performance of an $X million budget; Lead paid media planning and campaign development, working within a fixed budget
- Partner with internal or external media planning, social, events teams as teams/agencies as necessary for media planning/buying, and campaign execution
- Project manage multiple campaigns at once and ensure all stakeholders are delivering
- Define campaign goals and KPIs; Partner with the Analytics team on reporting; Translate all reporting/data into thoughtful analysis and deliver to various stakeholders within the company
- Maintain a laser-focus on understanding how to most effectively reach, and deliver impactful messages to, our target audiences through paid marketing channels
- 7+ years marketing experience working with both traditional and digital paid media
- Ideal candidates have extensive experiences working with (or at) a marketing/advertising agency
- Experience managing a budget and leading creative/marketing strategy for large-scale campaigns is required
- Ability to oversee through an agency or internal teams, traditional and digital paid marketing channels, such as: TV, out of home, display/pre-roll video, sponsorships, influencers, experiential, social media, paid social
- Understanding of KPIs and performance benchmarks for campaigns across a variety of marketing channels
- Experience operating within complex organizations with many stakeholders; Candidates must have a highly collaborative personality and experience working cross-functionally with brand, marketing, and creative teams and external agencies/clients
- Paid media strategy, media planning and media buying experience is a plus, most specifically for top-of-funnel marketing channels driving brand awareness KPIs
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail, can handle multiple projects at once
- Passion for TV and new media with a strong desire to be part of the future of entertainment
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Catered lunch and dinner 4 days per week
- Skilled, passionate, and fun co-workers
- Pet friendly environment - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Ellation What’s with the name, Ellation? We’re all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we’re building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands, Crunchyroll and VRV. Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Chisinau to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll is the world’s largest destination for anime and manga. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
VRV is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, sister-brand Rooster Teeth, Viacom’s NickSplat, and more. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.