This new role at Crunchyroll will lead paid marketing strategy for brand marketing campaigns. Along with media planning/buying expertise, we’re looking for a strong sense of creative strategy, project management, and an innate understanding of production processes This role will be highly collaborative, partnering with internal teams and external agency partners. He/she will report to the Director of Brand for Crunchyroll.
Candidates should respect the Crunchyroll audience, know how to best reach them at significant scale and with the maximum impact. Experience managing budgets, liaising with a media agency, and leading paid media strategy for brand awareness or entertainment marketing campaigns is required.
The Marketing Manager will take the lead on specific media-heavy creative projects outside the core Brand campaign, including, but not limited to, experiential, video, social, etc. The manager will need to feel very comfortable thinking creatively and managing productions across a variety of touchpoints.
- Oversee a budget of millions; Lead paid media strategy, campaign development, execution and optimization.
- Manage external media agency. Partner with the agency on creative media strategies, approaches, and partnerships that fit the specific needs of the Crunchyroll community.
- Lead development of paid marketing strategies and all media planning/buying, working within a fixed budget.
- Deliver creative direction on a variety of projects, with insightful feedback based on deep understanding of the media landscape.
- Project manage multiple campaigns at once and ensure all stakeholders are delivering
- Partner with the Analytics team on reporting; Translate all reporting/data into thoughtful analysis and deliver to various stakeholders within the company
- Maintain a laser-focus on understanding how to most effectively reach, and deliver impactful messages to, our target audiences through paid marketing channels
- 5+ years paid marketing experience working with both traditional and digital media
- Paid media strategy, media planning and media buying experience required, most specifically for top-of-funnel marketing channels driving brand awareness/affinity.
- Ability to directly manage, or manage through an agency, traditional and digital paid marketing channels, such as: TV, out of home, display/pre-roll video, sponsorships, influencers, experiential, social media, paid social, search, etc.
- Ideal candidates have worked at a marketing/advertising agency or have managed agencies
- Background in analytics and ability to deep dive into campaign KPIs and deliver a broader performance narrative
- Experience operating within complex organizations with many stakeholders; Candidates must have a highly collaborative personality and experience working cross-functionally with brand, marketing, and creative teams and external agencies/clients
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail, can handle multiple projects at once
- Passion for TV and new media with a strong desire to be part of the future of entertainment
- A proven track record of thinking strategically and creatively.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Catered lunch and dinner 4 days per week
- Skilled, passionate, and fun co-workers
- Pet friendly environment - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Ellation What’s with the name, Ellation? We’re all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we’re building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands, Crunchyroll and VRV. Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Chisinau to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll is the world’s largest destination for anime and manga. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
VRV is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, sister-brand Rooster Teeth, Viacom’s NickSplat, and WB Digital’s DramaFever. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.