We are looking for a Director of Brand Marketing to shape VRV’s brand identity and build brand equity through the development of long-term brand strategy and brand marketing campaigns. This role will define the evolution of the VRV brand and guide the brand’s expression across all communication touchpoints in a way that inspires and unites internal teams, partners and our community as a whole.
Candidates should have proven experience growing and developing consumer-facing brands and a proven track record in brand strategy, creative development, and leading 360 campaigns aimed to increase brand awareness and affinity. This role will ideate and collaborate with cross functional partners to carry out brand marketing campaigns that span a variety of marketing channels. We are searching for an experienced leader with a strategic and creative mindset who will seek to champion our users and thrive in a collaborative and visionary environment.
- Develop and evolve VRV brand strategy, language and identity. Own the evolution of the VRV brand book and rally and align internal resources behind it. Ensure company-wide understanding and support of brand strategy.
- Act as the glue tying together our various marketing efforts across all teams and channels and represent the voice of the user. Work with several audience-facing teams to ensure all creative outputs are consistent (in voice/tone/design) with strategy. Help strategize on VRV’s presence at conventions and other events to ensure the brand is best represented and messaging is consistent.
- Oversee campaigns aimed to drive brand awareness and brand affinity across a variety of potential marketing channels (paid media/advertising, branded content development, influencer, social, experiential, etc…), working within a fixed budget. Drive campaign strategy and creative development. Quarterback internal cross-functional teams (i.e. paid media, social, PR, creative services, events) and/or external partners (i.e. creative/media agencies, talent) in development and execution of brand marketing campaigns.
- Work with leaders across all audience-facing marketing/communication teams to develop consistent messaging and cross-functional campaigns that every team can leverage. Establish departmental vision and execute that vision in a way that guides the entire organization in its efforts to grow the VRV brand.
- Recruit and manage agency partners to help execute on campaigns at scale. Own the relationship and ensure efficient, on budget, and on time deliveries.
- Drive the development of brand creative and branded content, maintaining high standards for storytelling and creative quality. Manage production process through creative brief, identification of creative/production partners, execution and launch.
- Lead a team and manage the hiring process, mentorship and department organization.
- Own the measurement of brand marketing efforts, in partnership with the analytics & research teams, consistently using data and market research to improve efforts
- Respect for the various fandoms on VRV
- 10+ years of experience in developing and executing large-scale, multi-channel marketing campaigns; Minimum of 5 years developing brand strategy for a consumer-facing brand
- Experience overseeing agencies, creative and media budgets
- High familiarity of cultural marketing trends in creative, media, digital and social
- A track record of working cross-functionally with creative, marketing, social and communications teams within in a complex matrixed organization
- Clear communicator with the ability to effectively present to and advocate ideas to senior management
- A passion for storytelling, an obsession with creativity, and an ability to develop a theme around an initiative with a consistent voice
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to influence teams/individuals and effectively leverage and utilize resources and relationships for optimal results
- Proven experience supporting and scaling passion brands
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Catered lunch and dinner 4 days per week
- Skilled, passionate, and fun co-workers
- Pet friendly environment - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Ellation What’s with the name, Ellation? We’re all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we’re building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands, Crunchyroll and VRV. Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Chisinau to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll is the world’s largest destination for anime and manga. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
VRV is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, sister-brand Rooster Teeth, Viacom’s NickSplat, and WB Digital’s DramaFever. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.